Sunday 16 September 2012

Dear dad



So why is it that our parents try to protect us from all things bad? The obvious reason would be because they love us. Yes, they do... but for you to grow and learn, it is very important to experience everything however bad or good it is. Maybe, once I become a parent, I might also shield my little one from the negative experiences of the world. Alas, it is not how things work... the universe has a different way of communicating  things....if a certain message has to reach you, it will reach you no matter what!

There is a valid reason for me to dwell upon these thoughts. Very recently, my dad who loves me the most, has hidden certain things from getting my attention. I know he was just being a loving dad wanting to protect his baby girl but dad please know that you cannot save me from experiencing certain things, however hard you try. My plea for you is not to quit trying to protect me but please help me educate myself in facing the big bad world.

I love you immensely dad. I know that you were just trying to be there for me in your own sweet way but your way of dealing with my problems and hiding stuff from me is hurting me. Please let me handle the situations my way and if I'm unable to, you know that I will ultimately come back to you...but please do give me a chance. That is all I ask for!

Love
Your daughter

2 comments:

  1. hey i love ur blogs n ur way of approaching things inspires me a lot...i dontknow but i believe that life is too short to regret n there's much more life out there n wants us to explore n there's always a second chance n its never too late.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Asish, thanks for taking out time to read my blog and thanks for sharing the same philosophy on life as I do. Your perspective helped me reassess my penchant to write and write I will. Thanks again for helping me get over my writer's block :)

    ReplyDelete